HootSuite’s Social Media Marketing Main Feature Breakdown
You can do a lot with HootSuite Social media marketing platform, but here’s a general breakdown of some of the most useful features that come with signing up for a free account. Please note that several less prominent additional features are also available in addition to the below, with premium accounts offering access to even more features and functionality than those with free accounts.
- Direct posting to social media profiles. The most prominent feature is the ability to post text, links, photos, videos and other media directly to your social profiles through the HootSuite dashboard.
- Scheduled posting on social media. No time to post throughout the day? Schedule those posts so that they’re automatically posted at specific times rather than doing them all manually.
- Multiple social media profile management. With a free account, you can manage up to three social profiles with HootSuite. When you upgrade, you can manage many more. So if you’ve gone 20 Twitter profiles and 15 Facebook pages to update, HootSuite can handle it. You’ll just need to upgrade.
- Social media content apps for additional profiles. HootSuite has a suite of social apps for other popular social networking sites not included in its key offerings, such as YouTube, Instagram, Tumblr, and others.
- Targeted messaging. Send private messages out to targeted audience groups on selected social profiles straight through the HootSuite dashboard.
- Organization assignments. If you work with a team, you can create an “organization” to improve communication and collaboration across everyone’s HootSuite account.
- Analytics. HootSuite has a dedicated section for creating analytical reports and click summaries. It works with both Google Analytics as well as Facebook Insights.